- at or during the time that在…時候;當…時;在…期間
- I loved history when I was at school.我上學時喜歡歷史。
- after在…之後
- Call me when you've finished.你完成後就打電話給我。
- at any time that; whenever在任何…時候
- Can you spare five minutes when it's convenient?方便時能佔用你五分鐘時間嗎?
- just after which一…就;剛…就
- He had just drifted off to sleep when the phone rang.他剛睡着電話鈴就響了。
- considering that考慮到;既然
- How can they expect to learn anything when they never listen?既然他們從不聽講,他們怎麽能指望學到東西呢?
- although雖然;然而;可是
- She claimed to be 18, when I know she's only 16.她自稱是 18 歲,可是我知道她才 16 歲。
Word OriginOld English hwanne, hwenne; of Germanic origin; related to German wenn ‘if’, wann ‘when’.
Idioms - used to say that something may happen at some time in the future, but only when something else has happened(用於在特定條件下才會發生的事情)將來…時,到時候
- We'll decide on the team as and when we qualify.將來我們具備了條件時就會決定成立這個隊。
- I'll tell you more as and when (= as soon as I can).我一有可能就會告訴你更多情況。
- used to say something about an event that may or may not happen(用於在特定條件下才會發生的事情)將來…時,到時候
- If and when we ever meet again I hope he remembers what I did for him.倘若我們再次見面,我希望他還記得我爲他做的事。